Add to Favourites
Baked Chicken Sausage Mac and Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cook pasta in salted water and set aside.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter or the 2 tbsp. oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook chicken sausage for 8 minutes, stirring and cutting up the sausage. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the remaining 3 tbsp. butter over low heat. Mix in the flour and mustard powder until smooth and lump free.
- Pour in the milk, increase the temperature to medium heat and bring to a low simmer. Mix until everything is combined evenly.
- Gradually stir in grated cheese until smooth and reduce the heat to low.
- Mix in sausage, egg, and pasta and remove from heat.
- In a small bowl melt the remaining 1 tbsp. butter. mix in panko bread crumbs, parmesan and 1tsp salt.
- Spread macaroni and cheese in a baking dish. Top evenly with breadcrumb mixture and bake on the top rack of the preheated oven for 10 minutes.