- Yield: 8-10
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Baked Chicken Sausage Tetrazzini
- First Fresh Foods Chicken Breakfast Sausage Links - 2 (14 oz.) pkgs.
- Vegetable oil - 2 Tbsp.
- Butter - 4 Tbsp.
- Mushrooms - 1 (8 oz.) can
- Yellow onion, sliced - 1 large
- Chicken broth - 3 cups
- White wine - 1/2 cup
- Basil - 2 tsp.
- Oregano - 2 tsp.
- Garlic powder - 2 tsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Black pepper - ½ tsp.
- Cornstarch - 3 T.
- Half and half - 3 cups
- Parmesan cheese - 1½ cups grated
- Penne pasta - 1 (16 oz.) package
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese - 16 oz.
- In large skillet, cook sausage in 2 Tbsp. oil over medium heat. Remove sausage from pan; drain on paper towels, and then cut into 1/4” slices. Set aside.
- In same skillet, melt butter, and add onion slices and cook until tender.
- Add mushrooms, chicken broth, wine, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chicken sausage slices. Simmer about one hour over low heat.
- Near the end of the cooking time, cook penne pasta according to the package directions and drain.
- Combine cornstarch with half and half slowly; add to bubbly chicken sausage mixture and cook until thickened. Add Parmesan cheese and pasta to bubbly chicken mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray. Layer half the chicken mixture, half the Mozzarella cheese, and then the rest of the chicken mixture and the rest of the Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.