- Yield: 2-4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Baked Sausage and Vegetable Frittata
- Vegetable oil - 3-4 Tbsp.
- Spanish onion, chopped - 1/2 Cup
- Bell peppers (red, yellow or orange), chopped - 1/2 Cup
- Canned mushrooms (1/2 of a 4 oz. can) - 1.4 Cup
- First Fresh Foods Chicken Breakfast Sausage Links, casings removed - 4 Links
- Garlic, minced - 2 tsp.
- Fresh spinach - 2 Cups
- Large eggs, beaten - 4
- Half and half - 1/3 Cup
- Cream cheese, cubes - 4-ounce package
- Mild Cheddar cheese (or Jack-Cheddar mix) - 1 Cup
- Salt - ½ tsp.
- Pepper - ¼ tsp.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add oil to 10” cast iron or other oven-proof skillet. Sauté onion and peppers 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the canned mushrooms, garlic and chicken, breaking up chicken into pieces while stirring, and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until sausage is cooked.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese and stir to spread it evenly in pan. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, beat eggs, half and half and salt and pepper together and pour over mixture in pan.
- Bake about 25 to 30 minutes—or until slightly golden around edges and set. Let set at room temperature for 2-3 minutes after removing from oven, and then slice and serve.