- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Chicken Sausage Eggs Benedict
This recipe is a lighter take on a decadent breakfast favorite. Our mock-hollandaise sauce is a fool-proof way to mimic your favorite sauce without all the fat and calories.
- Eggs - 4
- Whole Wheat English Muffins - 2, split
- First Fresh Foods Breakfast Chicken Sausage Links - 8
- Avocado - 1, thinly sliced
- Fresh dill - Chopped
- White vinegar - 1 tsp
- Mock-Hollandaise Sauce
- Light Mayonnaise - 1/2 C
- Light Sour Cream - 1/2 C
- Mustard - 1 1/2 tsp
- Fresh lemon juice - 2 TBS
- Fresh dill - 1 TBS, chopped
- Salt/Pepper - to taste
- Brown First Fresh Chicken Sausage in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Prepare mock-hollandaise sauce*
- To poach eggs: bring 1 quart of water to a gentle, steady simmer; add white vinegar. Crack each egg into a small bowl or ramekin. Gently swirl water to help the egg white stick to the yolk, and then carefully tip the eggs, one at a time, into the simmering water. Cook for approximately 3 minutes, then carefully remove with a slotted spoon.
- Split and toast English muffins. Top each muffin with two links of First Fresh chicken sausage, avocado slices and a poached egg. Drizzle with mock-hollandaise sauce and sprinkle with additional dill. Serve immediately.
*To make mock hollandaise sauce:
Add light mayonnaise, light sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, fresh dill, salt and pepper to a food processor. Pulse until blended and consistency is smooth.