- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
Chicken Sausage Stroganoff
- First Fresh Foods Chicken Breakfast Sausage Links, casings removed - 1 (14 oz.) pkg.
- Yellow onion, finely diced - 1 medium
- Butter - 6 Tbsp.
- Flour - 2 Tbsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Black pepper - ¼ tsp.
- Garlic powder - ½ tsp.
- Mushrooms - 2 (8 oz.) cans
- Cream of condensed cream of chicken soup - 1 (10 ¾ oz.) can
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Sour cream - 1 cup
- Cooked rice or noodles - 3 cups
- Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet and add sausage and diced onion; stir over medium heat until cooked and golden, breaking up sausage links into small pieces.
- Blend in flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes more, stirring continually.
- Stir in soup and milk. Heat to boiling, and then reduce heat to low. Let mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve over hot buttered noodles or rice.