Add to Favourites
Chicken Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Remove stems from mushroom caps, reserving both. Roughly chop the stems.
- Crush and mince the garlic and slice the scallions. Combine with chopped mushroom stems.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chicken sausage and cook for about 4 minutes, constantly breaking up the sausage as it cooks.
- Add in mushroom stems, scallions and garlic. Stir and cook another 3 minutes, continuing to break up the sausage.
- Stir in cream cheese and remove from heat. Mix in breadcrumbs, parsley and parmesan cheese. Let cool slightly.
- Using a small spoon or your hands, stuff each mushroom cap with the filling. Place on a baking sheet and brush each stuffed mushroom with melted butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the middle of the oven. Increase the temperature to 450°F and move the mushrooms to the top rack. Cook for an additional 5 minutes to crisp the tops.