Chicken Sausage Gyro
This easy and tasty recipe was created by Mandy, blogger and caterer at Grits and Honey.
- First Fresh Foods mild Italian style Chicken Sausage Links - Casings removed
- Olive oil - 1 TBS
- Fresh oregano - 1 TBS
- Greek Yogurt - 1 (16 oz) container
- Fresh dill - 2 TBS, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Lemon juice - 2 TBS
- English cucumber - 1 half (not peeled)
- Naan bread
- Campari tomatoes
- Bibb lettuce
- Red onion - Thinly sliced
- Feta cheese - Crumbled
- Brown Chicken Sausage with tablespoon olive oil. When Chicken sausage is completely cooked through, add fresh oregano.
- While sausage is cooking, in a blender, add Greek yogurt, dill, garlic, lemon, English cucumber, and blend.
- To assemble gyro, get one warmed naan bread and pile chicken sausage, Bibb lettuce, Campari tomatoes, red onion, feta, and drizzle yogurt mixture on top.
Simple and Delicious!