Easy Chicken Sausage Pizza
- refrigerated pizza dough - 1 lb
- vegetable oil
- First Fresh Foods mild Italian style Chicken Sausage Links - 1 (14 oz.) pkg.
- prepared pizza sauce - 1 cup
- thinly-sliced onion - 1 cup
- green bell pepper, cut into small slices - 1/2 cup
- mushroom stems and pieces - 1 (4 oz.) can
- hredded mozzarella cheese - 2 cups
- black olives, sliced - 1/2 cup
- grated Parmesan cheese - 1/2 cup
Preheat oven to 450°. Place pizza dough in a bowl lightly coated with vegetable oil; turn dough over so that the top is lightly coated with oil. Cover with a dish towel and let stand in a warm spot for 15 minutes.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage links and cook until sausage is lightly golden color. Remove from pan and let cool. Cut links into dime-sized slices. Set aside. Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and sauté the onion and bell pepper for 2 minutes, or until veggies are tender-crisp. Remove pan from heat.
Lightly oil pizza pan and sprinkle with cornmeal. Spread pizza dough onto pan, building up a crust around the edges. Spread sauce over dough. Top with sausage slices, onion and pepper mixture, mushrooms, and black olives, distributing toppings as evenly as possible. Sprinkle cheeses over toppings. Bake on bottom oven rack for 15-17 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly golden. Remove from oven and cut into slices.