- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Sausages
Colleen Kennedy from Souffle Bombay recently shared her review of First Fresh Chicken Sausage, and a delicious recipe for grilled chicken sausage with quick and easy honey mustard sauce. To see the original blog post and recipe, click here.
- Combine the honey and the mustard in a small bowl and stir vigorously until smooth. Taste and adjust for your preference of honey to mustard ratio. Reserve 30% of the mixture in a small bowl for the final glazing (you don't want to cross contaminate after brushing the raw chicken).
- Cut your sausage into halves with kitchen shears or a knife (easier to do if the sausages are cold or semi-frozen) and set aside.
- Cut your peppers into 2 inch segments, cut your onions into quarters.
- Skewer your onions on their own metal skewer.
- Skewers some sausages in their own skewer (I like using 2 skewers for stability).
- Skewer sausages and peppers intermittently (same 2 skewer method if you like).
- Oil your grill.
- Heat your grill to med-high, then place skewers onto the grill, just before you flip, brush with the honey mustard, repeat a couple of times. Once you brush your sausages and vegetables you are best cooking over indirect heat to avoid burning due to the honey). Keep at watch on them,
- Chicken sausages cook much faster than other meat sausages. Don't overcook or they will be dry. 10-12 minutes should do it.
- Remove from grill, brush with the reserved honey mustard sauce and serve.
See the original blog post, Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Sausages from Souffle Bombay.