Louisiana Style Red Beans and Rice with Chicken Sausage
This healthy (and gluten-free!) version of the classic New Orleans dish, red beans and rice, was created for us by Amanda at My Gluten Free Miami using First Fresh Hot Italian Chicken Sausage. To see the original post, click here.
- Red Beans - 1 can
- First Fresh Hot Italian Chicken Sausage - 1 (14 oz) package
- Oregano - 1 tsp
- Thyme - 1 tsp
- Gluten-free chicken bouillon - 1 cube
- Bay leaves - 2
- Garlic - 3 tsp, minced
- Onion - 1 small, minced
- Celery - 2 stalks, minced
- Gluten-free Cajun seasoning - 1-2 tsp
- Vegetable oil - 1 TBS
- Green onion - garnish
- Brown Sausage Links in 1 Tablespoon Oil, Remove and set aside.
- Saute onion, garlic, and celery for about 3 minutes, until onion begins to appear translucent.
- Open beans and add to pot. Do not drain.
- Add 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 2 bay leaves, and chicken boullion.
- Bring to boil, lower to low and simmer for 15 minutes
For full recipe, see Louisiana Style Rice and Beans from My Gluten Free Miami.