- Yield: 8
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
Maple Chicken Sausage, Butternut Squash and Kale Quiche
The perfect fall dish, chock-full of classic autumn vegetables like butternut squash and kale.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with foil. Toss cubed butternut squash with 1/2 TBS olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until tender and lightly browned.
- In a medium skillet, heating remaining 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat. Add kale and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until kale is wilted and dark green.
- Cook First Fresh Maple Chicken Sausage breakfast links over medium heat until golden brown. Let cool slightly and chop into bite sized pieces.
- Roll out pie crust and press into the bottom of a pie pan or 8x8 square pan. Layer the cooked sausage, butternut squash, kale and mozzarella cheese in the pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half and black pepper. Pour over the mixture in the pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes, until the eggs are set and the top is lightly browned. Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve warm.