- Yield: 30 Wraps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Pineapple Chicken Sausage Lettuce Wraps
A fun, low-carb meal. Kids will even love dipping these chicken wraps into the ever-popular teriyaki sauce.
- Crushed Pineapple - 1 (8 oz) can
- Soy Sauce - 1/4 C
- Rice Vinegar - 1 TBS
- Garlic - 1 clove, minced
- Ground Ginger - 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- First Fresh Hot Italian Chicken Sausage - 1 (14 oz) package, casings removed
- Water Chestnuts - 1 (8 oz) can, drained and chopped
- Bibb or Boston Lettuce - 30 leaves
- Toasted Sesame Seeds - 1 TBS
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, garlic, ginger, pepper and reserved pineapple juice; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water chestnuts and crushed pineapple. Gradually stir in soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place about 2 tablespoons sausage mixture on each lettuce leaf; sprinkle with sesame seeds; fold lettuce over filling and serve with teriyaki sauce.