- Yield: 6-8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
Sausage and Mushroom Quiche
- First Fresh Foods Chicken Breakfast Sausage Links - 2/3 package (6 links)
- Olive oil, divided - 2 Tbsp.
- Sliced mushrooms, drained - 1 8-oz. can
- Finely chopped green bell pepper - ¼ cup
- Unbaked 9” pie crust - 1
- Shredded Swiss cheese - 1 Cup
- Eggs - 4 large
- Heavy cream - 1 ¼ cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp.
- Cayenne Pepper - 1/4 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook sausage in 1 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Drain sausage on paper towels, and then cut into 1/4” slices. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the other one tablespoon of olive oil, and cook mushrooms and green pepper until tender and liquid is evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Spread cooked sausage evenly over the bottom of pie crust. Top that with the cooked mushroom and green pepper mixture. Over that, sprinkle the Swiss cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, heavy cream, salt and cayenne pepper together. Pour that over the other ingredients in the crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is set. Remove from oven. Let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting and serving.