Spicy Chicken Sausage Jambalaya
- First Fresh mild italian chicken sausage - 1
- shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1lb
- medium onion, diced - 1
- green bell pepper, diced - 1
- stalks celery, diced - 2
- large cloves garlic, crushed and minced - 3
- 16oz can of diced tomatoes - 1
- cups low sodium chicken broth - 2
- tbsp. cajun seasoning - 1
- tsp. red pepper flakes - 1
- tsp black pepper - 1
- tsp salt - 1
- tbsp. Worcestershire sauce - 1
- tbsp. hot sauce or to taste - 1
- cup uncooked white rice - 1
- Olive Oil
- Chopped parsley
- Slice the chicken sausage into rounds. Season with half of the cajun seasoning.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in large cast-iron skillet, deep non-stick pan or dutch oven. Cook chicken sausage until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Mix the remaining cajun seasoning with the shrimp and cook in same pan, about 4-5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in the same pan. Add onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic, and cook until onions are translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add can of diced tomatoes and continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Stir in dry rice and chicken broth. Add red paper flakes, black pepper, salt, worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the liquid is absorbed by the rice, about 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Mix in chicken sausage and shrimp, stirring to combine.
- Garnish with parsley and additional hot sauce, if desired, and serve!