Summer Squash Zoodles with Chicken Sausage Alfredo Sauce
Raia's Recipes shared this amazing recipe for zucchini noodles and a delicious Alfredo sauce made with First Fresh chicken sausage. Click here for her original post and recipe.
- Wash squash and zoodle-ify using a spiralizer (here's the one I use). Sprinkle with salt, and set aside.
- Cook up the sausage, then slice up. Set aside.
- While sausage is cooking, melt butter in medium-sized saucepan, over medium heat. When butter is melted, add in garlic and saute for a minute or two, until fragrant. Stir in gf flour or starch and whisk until a paste is formed.
- Add milk and whisk until thickened.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, onion powder, and cheese.
- When the cheese is melted, stir in the cooked sausage. Turn the heat down to low and prepare the zoodles.
- Take the spiralized squash and fry lightly in butter or oil for 3-4 minutes. Place in a colander and let drain for a few minutes.
- Serve warm sauce over zoodles.